Saturday, March 2, 2013

Princess/Pirate Party

Last time we were in Cape we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and to join in the fun of their Pirate/Princess Party.  Caden dressed up as a pirate and Avery Lynn dressed as a princess.  See funny story about the princess costume below.  The kids had a great time. 
 

 Notice in the picture below (which is taken before we left to go to Chick-fil-A) Avery Lynn is wearing a little pink tiara.  My mom and sister got it for her and it was a cute addition to her dress.  She is not wearing it in the picture above taken with the cows which was taken later at the restaurant. Here is why.... Well we were eating and (newly potty trained) Avery Lynn had to go to the bathroom which is a very common occurrence so I took her to the bathroom.  The automatic toilet flushed as I was getting her tights off (which commonly happens) and a minute later she is on the toilet ready to go.  Then she begins to pee and looks down to see herself peeing (which is also very common since she is new at going potty on the potty) however she doesn't normally have a tiara on....The tiara falls off and into the pee water toilet.   AHH!  My immediate thought was OMG the toilet is going to flush (which happens a lot with a little person on it and an automatic flusher.  Then Avery Lynn sees what happened and starts to whine that she wants her tiara.  I was thinking I could reach in a grab it....but then I would have to get her off the toilet and redress her with pee all over my hands.  But if I get her off the toilet first then it will likely flush before I can get it out...YIKES.  Luckily we were sitting at a table right outside the bathroom door so I instructed Avery Lynn to sit very still on the toilet and I quickly ran outside the bathroom door and motioned for my mom to come help.  With an extra set of hands in the bathroom stall I was able to get the tiara out and go wash while my mom redressed Avery Lynn.  The tiara has been sanitized and now can be used again.. Although next time we won't potty with it on : )

No comments:

Post a Comment