Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baby Projects and Baby Update

I am now 36 weeks and hoping to hang in there for a couple more before baby sister makes her arrival. My body is more than ready for her to come on out...but my project list is not. The list is getting smaller but I would like to finish the curtains for the room and of course make it through Christmas. I took on the challenge of making the baby bedding for her room, mostly because we weren't going to spend the crazy cash it takes to buy the super cute bedding that I kept finding that I liked. It was either buy one that I wasn't crazy about or spend about the same amount (or a little less) and make one I really liked. It was a big task because I just got a sewing machine (and sewed for the first time) a little over a year ago but I went for it and you can see the results below. Overall I'm really happy with it, of course there are a few things I would do differently if I did it again. But I think it looks cute and I'm sure she will sleep just fine in it. The room is not quite ready for a baby just yet, but we are working on it and hope to finish shortly (ideally before she arrives).


The bed. Bumper and crib skirt.

The crib skirt laying out on the floor.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bedding!! It looks great! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...Amy, that turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE!!!! You did a great job Amy. Good luck with the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bedding is so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the crib skirt!!! And I LOVE the black and white part! Great choice of fabric! Can't wait for her to arrive. My birthday is in early Jan so maybe I'll have a birthday buddy! =) enjoy the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! Great job! I need to get to it. 27 weeks today and my baby's room is full of junk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing Amy!!!! You have inspired me!!!!! Good luck cant wait to meet the new little girl in the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amy! Thought I'd let you know I'm starting a book study on my blog and am giving away a copy of the book. YAY!!! Check it out and tell your friends!

    ReplyDelete