Monday, May 30, 2011

First Reptile Friend

I say first reptile friend because I know Ricky had several reptiles that found a "house" at his parents house. I recall snakes while I was dating him. Yikes, maybe I started something I don't want to have to keep up with. Anyway, the story goes something like this...Caden, Avery Lynn, and I were on our way home to meet Ricky for lunch. As we were driving down our street I saw a turtle in the middle of it. I pulled over and parked with the intention of getting Caden out to let him see it and then go on home. Well I decided it would be cool for him to get to take it home, because I remember keeping a turtle in a box as a kid (I think for a few days) and it was really cool. However, I am a girl and don't really like to pick up random reptiles, but I guess I'm also a mamma who loves her little boy because I picked up the turtle and put him in the back of my explorer for the couple of house drive home. (I only did this after I tried to call Ricky and he didn't answer. There was no need for me to pick it up if we could just stand there by it for a few minutes until Ricky drove by. But when he didn't answer I opted to go ahead and pick it up.) We found a box for it when we got home and the turtle lived happily (I guess) for about a day and a half at our house (on the screened in porch) until Caden and Ricky set it free at a nearby creek. It was a fun experience and Caden enjoyed playing with it.


Checking on Mr. Turtle (Caden never could come up with a name for him)


A little time for the turtle to play in the grass


He was a nice turtle


Caden being a turtle, in his wagon ride to set the turtle free


One last pet



Goodbye Mr. Turtle. Run while you still can!


No comments:

Post a Comment